17/04/2012

Different approaches "Spoonful of Poison" and Standup Sitdown


He begun first time"Mondays alternate between Kings Cross and Hoxton  :
A Spoonful of Poison is an open-mic night based in London, established circa 2005.
All disciplines are warmly welcomed – music, comedy, poetry and all random performance."

"A Spoonful of Poison" is declared as  "anarchic, symbolic, chaotic, irreverent, lively, funny, weird, challenging, infuriating and refreshingly invigorating." 

It is behind the King Cross Station, across the Regent Canal
THE STAR OF KINGS  126 York Way, Kings Cross, London. N1 0AX

Standup ComedianThat is why I went there tonight. Interesting mix of different numbers.

"Come back soon!" I was told after my performance.

I tried a different beginning, and a longer ending, and some new stuff in the middle, they worked too! Again, I succeeded to make all laugh again and again. Now, almost the 28th time! 

April 16th I killed (again)!  

More important, by beginning to change the well learned text, slowly, not only I added to it but made it more interesting and challenging to me

To the bits I know I will have good laughs as response, I added some new provoking parts. In three places at least!

Where my ideas come from? 
For the moment just being aware and ready to use every thing I hear or see or read. And well made expressions, deformed, provoking delight by surprise. Also adding back some old parts that I dropped too fast. The attitude is so important!

And yes, I will go back or perhaps go to their second venue. The May 21st THE STAG’S HEAD 55 Orsman Road, Hoxton, London, N1 5RA Nearest station = Haggerston (to try out next)  A limited amount of open spots each week are pre-bookable by emailing Spoon.
 I did email before I went yesterday, but I think all were welcomed even those who did not.

StandupSitdownd
David Paris, test the Mic
Tuesday :
Yet another different approach.
StandUp SitDown 
At Plumber's Arms, near Victoria Station
with an Interview of some Comedians 
I was between the "some' 
 (to be seen on video here soon)

"Ed Surname & David Paris present sit-down interviews with stand-up comedians, bringing you the personality behind the performer'.

Well, we did not need that Mic after all, that night, but some used it anyway as a prop. The room had not only great acoustic, but a huge projector screen inside a beautiful frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment